The entry of non-resident foreigners may be made exclusively by air through the Arturo Merino Benítez Airport in Santiago de Chile, in addition to the Iquique, Antofagasta, and Punta Arenas airports.
Authorized land border crossings are: Paso Futaleufú (Los Lagos); Huemeles Pass (Aysén), Jeinimeni Pass (Aysén), Austral Integration Pass (Magallanes, Los Libertadores (Valparaíso), also: Peru, Bolivia and Argentina boder crossings are open as well.
To enter Chile, travelers must present the vaccination certificate issued in their country. Those who do not have the complete scheme must show a negative result in a PCR test of a maximum of 48 hours from departure.
Travelers from China must have a negative PCR test result taken a maximum of 48 hours before boarding and go through a mandatory test upon entering the country.
As of August 04, Easter Island reopens its doors, and the requeriments are:
- Negative PCR test result taken 24 hours before boarding. An antigen test from a health center will be allowed in minors under 6 years old.
- Mobility Pass (complete vaccination scheme and vaccine standardization)
- Single Entry Form (FUI)
- Round-trip ticket
- Reservation at a tourist service registered in SERNATUR or invitation letter from the Provincial Delegation.
- 7-day health follow-up.
** Along with these requirements, passengers flying from abroad shall be tested with a mandatory antigen test upon their arrival on Rapa Nui.
- The use of a mask inside the National Park is mandatory (Regardless of whether it is outdoors, everyone must wear a mask).
- If a person presents a persistent positive result due to having been infected with Covid, two results shall be attached: a PCR or antigen test taken 24 hours before boarding, and a PCR taken more than 10 days before boarding and no older than one month.
- All travelers may be tested for Covid between the first and fifth day of arrival. If the passenger refuses or tests positive, this person shall conduct mandatory quarantine for the following 7 days.
- If a traveler is classified as close contact, the person shall carry out a 7-day quarantine from the last contact with the confirmed case.
Mobilization within the country:
The use of the mask outdoors is no longer mandatory. Check the conditions in the following link: https://www.gob.cl/coronavirus/
Touristic services and attractions:
Operating with their respective protocols.
For more information, please find our detailed presentation here.